Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Peace and Quiet

There was a great talk on Sunday afternoon about mothers. One of the pieces of advice that was given was to have some quiet time to yourself as a mother to refill your own cup. You can't get water from an empty well. So, this morning I decided to get up before the kids and enjoy some time alone and in the peace and quiet. It was great! I am right now listening to Seth screaming at McKee for touching his gloves...It was so nice this morning, listening to the birds sing, watching the sun get brighter slowly outside, thinking in a whisper instead of a scream. I will try to do this everyday from now on.

1 comment:

GFP said...

Wait, you found peace and quiet in our house? where have you been hiding it all this time?

I love being up to watch the sun flood the valley with light!

New Year Day

Today was a fun day. Mike and I sat the kids down and explained our new chore system and any over our expectations of them. It seemed to go...