Saturday, April 19, 2008

The last couple days...

As you can see, Mike hijacked the blog for the last couple days. I am grateful to him for trying to keep up with my post a day, but he's a little crazy with the stuff he posts about. But, we love him anyway!

We've had a really fun week. The kids are all of from school, so we've been able to really enjoy the beautiful summer like weather. We've spent most of our time outside, and it's been great! Tyler begs to go out as soon as he gets up in the morning, and cries every time we come in! On Wednesday we went to the zoo, and the kids had a great time. I always like to go too! We met some friends there and walked to see everything. Tyler loved the Elephants, he was barking at them (barking is the only animal sound he knows, so he barks at everything, even squirrels). Brooke liked to see all the things. Seth liked seeing the lemurs. If I remember right, McKee liked seeing the elephants.
Thursday we spent the day running around. Tyler had his 15month check up and got one shot. He's 22.8lbs and 31 inches tall. His weight gain has slowed way down, but that boy does not stop moving from the moment he wakes up, so we're not concerned. McKee also had to go for a follow up on his medicine and a weight check. The last medicine we had him on was causing him to lose weight, so they are keeping track closely. He's up to 56lbs again. We're trying to beef him up, but he's so skinny. I also had my 2nd apt at the Chiropractor. It was quick this time, only 20 minutes or so. I'm feeling much better. He thought I would only need one more visit. I hope so. Our insurance doesn't cover my visits, so my first one was $110 and the second was $55. I know it's helping, so it's worth it, but it's really expensive.

Friday we relaxed and McKee was gone at Damon's house so we hung out with the rest of the kids. We took them out for ice cream and then to the park. Can you believe I didn't get a single picture of the ice cream? I'm such a slacker. Tyler had just a cone because he's allergic to ice cream. But he seemed to enjoy it. We drove down the street and let the kids play at Grandview park. It's one of my favorites, and the kids love it too. It's a little big for Tyler, but he did pretty well. Then we headed home and grilled and played outside. I was pretty tired, I had been up early hanging laundry on the line, and cleaning the kitchen and playing with the kids. I also cleaned up the strawberry patch and pulled some of the skeleton plants out of the garden to get ready for planting in a couple weeks. I ended up falling asleep while Mike was working on some GFP stuff.
Tonight, Saturday, Mike and I are going out dancing to celebrate mine and his b-days. We're heading to Famous Dave's for dinner and then meeting some friends at the Pelican's Nest to see our favorite local band Uncle Plum. I'm so excited! I love going dancing, it's a great form of exercise. The kids love having a baby sitter too. They keep talking about Adam and what they get to do with him. A couple of posts ago I mentioned the necklace and earrings my mom gave me. I decided to wear them out tonight so here is the debut of my new jewels. Thanks Mom.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

What a fun way to celebrate your birthdays...dancing! I love dancing! You look great in the picture...the jewelry is nice, but I especially like your hair!

New Year Day

Today was a fun day. Mike and I sat the kids down and explained our new chore system and any over our expectations of them. It seemed to go...