Tyler- 2-1/2 yrs old whenever he hurts himself will come up to me and say "me bonked me" as if he were telling on himself and ask me to kiss it! Fall 2009
*Seth "Why is my wart on my left foot if I'm right handed?" 5/12/2009
*(To appreciate this fully, read aloud.) Seth reading a National Geographic for kids about space...4/14/2009
Seth"Mom, do you know what my favorite planet is?"
Seth, "Yes! I love Uranus. I want to fly to Uranus!"
* Brooke "Mom, I was coughing like crazy, but now I'm coughing normal a little bit." 4/11/09
* Seth to Brooke "I want to keep tickling you because I like to hear you laugh." 4/7/09
* Brooke after spotting the snow "Woah, but there's not enough snow for a snowman." 4/7/09
* Seth after spotting the snow this morning "do we have school today?" Mom "yes, you have school today." Seth "Dang it, I wanted no school." Where does he think we live? lol 4/7/09
* Uncle Matt told McKee "You have to start acting right." McKee's response "I can't because when I think in my head it jumps to conclusions." 3/5/2009
* Seth said "Dad you don't even know how to pole dance." 3/5/2009
* While looking pigeons on a snow covered parking lot, Brooke said "they look like chocolate chips." From Mike 2/2009
* While putting a second coat of paint on an ammo box, Brooke said "and this is a jacket for it." From Mike 1/2009
* So I'm sitting here at the table on the computer eating a Kudos 100 calorie snack bar and Brooke says "I'm going to buy those when I grow up and I'm going to give one to each of my little kids so I can be REALLY nice!" I think she's hinting at something. 2/19/2009
* Seth brought me the necklace he got out of the vending machine, a little sad because it broke. "Mom, we can send this to cash for gold and put it in an envelope and the mail man bring it to them." 2/14/2009
* McKee has been trying to use some of his new vocabulary in conversation. Earlier when discussing dinner options we mentioned the same thing we had last night and his response was "isn't that a little mono-toe-nus" what he meant was monotonous! 2/5/2009
* Seth "did you know that everything has water in it?" Brooke "not food" laughing. Seth "even chocolate." Brooke laughing more, "that's wierd." Seth "really everything has water in it." Brooke "no, not water, food has sour cream." 1/17/09
* Seth "Mom, do we have any sticky tack?" Mom "No, I don't have any." Seth "Can we get some at the store? Do you need some?" Mom "I don't think I need any." Brooke "I want some sticky attack." 1/1/2009
* Brooke 12/13/2008 When I try to remember something I look at it and the picture goes on a card so I can remember it in my brain and it fits in the big part.
* The "new" version of Feliz Navidad by Brooke Simmons "a cheese choppy dah" 12/2008
* Seth while we were walking home from his open house at school said "According to my hearing it's coming from that way." We heard the marching band practicing at Arcadia.
* Brooke playing with the alphabet magnets on the fridge..."Mom, how do you spell your name." Mom "C-r-y-s-t-a-l." Brooke "No your real name." Mom "oh, you mean "mom." Brooke "yes," 9/17/2008
* After Brooke runs around and feels her heart beating quickly. "Mom, I can feel my heart beeping." Age 2-4 and still going.
* Brooke called Mike just a minute ago to tell him that she "been have" 8/25/2008
* While playing at the playground with friends, we warned the boys to not to play with sticks. McKee was just 3 years old. The boys replied “we need to sticks to fight the alligators.” I replied, "you can use pretend sticks because they are pretend alligators." McKee a little later was carrying a stick again. I looked at him and said, "Only pretend sticks." McKee's reply "I'm going to pretend that this is a pretend stick." summer 2001
* Brooke "Am I still 4?" the morning after her birthday. 4/24/2008
* Brooke "When I was three I was up to mine armpits, now I'm 4 and I'm up to mine eyeballs." 4/25/08
* Brooke "I look like I'm thirsty." 4/20/08
* Seth trying to read the words on a baby onesie in the middle of Walmart...actual words "super hero" the way Seth interpreted it "super hore." Voice level, extremely loud! 8/08
* Brooke and Seth have taken to trying to tell it how it is and what they say goes. So Seth has started bossing Brooke around and at the end of each statement saying "period." (All bow to the mighty master Seth. I'm rolling my eyes right now.) So of course, Brooke thinks she should too, but it comes out a little different. Brooke thinks it's "pyramid." So she'll tell Seth "Stop yelling at me, pyramid." 8/12/08
* While Driving in the van with all 4 kids, McKee and Tyler in the middle, and Seth and Brooke in the back, McKee was entertaining the younger kids with a puppet show...Mom "What's all that kissing noise about?" McKee "It's a horror movie." 7/4/08
* Seth after climbing on a tree branch showed me his hands and said, "ow, I have tree burn."
* Tyler playing with a cap to something...Seth "What does that cap go to?" Mom "my mousse for my hair." Seth, laughing "good one mom." 8/7/08
* Brooke "When he (Seth) leaned on me, his brains smelled different." Seth, very loudly "You can't smell brains." 8/6/08