Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend


Friday, May 25th was Seth's 5th birthday! I cannot believe that he is 5 already. We asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday and he said go to the park! So, we went to the park! He and Brooke are such monkeys, they climb on everything! I layed on the ground under the monkey bars to get this picture. They're so cute! If I do say so myself!



Uncle Dave called us in the afternoon and said to bring the kids down to Salvatore's (a pizza place where he is the assistant manager) and he would give them a tour for Seth's b-day and then buy us some lunch! We had a great time. I think this is my favorite picture of the kids in the walk in cooler! They thought that was the best ever because they love Salvatore's!

We had cake and sang to Seth on Saturday after McKee got home from dad's house. Seth wanted a bat cake, but not a batman cake, a real bat! His teachers gave each of the kids a graduation stuffed animal and of course Seth chose a bat, and he wanted his cake to look like his new bat. I think it came out pretty cute! Again, I am biased! :) Seth loved it. It tasted yummy too! We had Grandma and Grandpa Simmons and Uncle Dan and Aunt Lynette over for cake too, oh yeah, and of course, my cutest nephew ever, Carson! Seth got a couple airplanes as gifts and he loves them! We had a nice time celebrating Seth! On Sunday we ate a lovely ham dinner over at Grandma and Grandpa's house! It's Rebecca's b-day on Wednesday so we celebrated it on Sunday! We had fun, except for the torture of trying to do family pictures!
The pictures came out great though! All 4 of the kids of course...
and our beautiful family. I think this picture shows their personalities really well! I don't think we will ever have the "perfect" family picture, but that's ok with me. As long as everyone is looking at the camera and no tongues are sticking out, I'm happy!
I also had the idea to preserve the cuteness of their tiny feet! This is all of the kids laying on their tummies with just their feet showing! Isn't it cute? From left to right, McKee, Seth, Brooke and then Tyler. This is going on my wall in the front room for everyone to see!
After the pictures and dinner, we gave Grandma her birthday gift, a vidalia chop wizard. If you haven't seen these yet, you need to check it out! It's the best chopping invention ever created!


On Monday, Memorial Day observed, we went to our Ward picnic. It was beautiful here. The wind was a little crazy but the sky was clear and gorgeous. This is a picture looking out from the pavillion where we sat and ate our food. The pond has skunked us for many years now, it's not our favorite fishing pond at all!

Here's Brooke and Daddy eating some hot dogs from the grill. Good old picnic food. We left our picnic stuffed, there was so much food there. I think my favorite food item was the ribs that were brought by the McGuinesses. MMMMMmmmmm....I will get that recipe from them. We had a great weekend, it was beautiful outside, and we were able to celebrate Seth, Grandma Simmons, and Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

What a fun memorial day...i'm glad we were able to share it with you! I loved the BAT cake for Seth's b-day...good job! You also got some great family pictures...even if it did take lots of work.

New Year Day

Today was a fun day. Mike and I sat the kids down and explained our new chore system and any over our expectations of them. It seemed to go...