Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Graduation Day



Today was a bittersweet day for me as a mother. I was so proud to watch Seth perform in his final preschool show. Then, when they were finished singing and reciting their poems and fingerplays for us, the kids marched down the aisle in caps and tassels. That's right, my little Seth marched to Pomp and Circumstance today. Seth had a great turnout! Grandma Simmons, Nana, Mommy, Daddy, and Uncle Dave, Brooke and Tyler all came to watch. I can still remember when we were waiting desperately everyday for the Dr's to tell us that we could take Seth home from the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Strong Hospital. It really does seem like it just happened. Now he's on his way to turning 5 (in 2 days) and off to kindergarden in the fall. Mike and I were so proud as we watched him today. Of course I was tearing a little, but I managed, barely, to keep my composure. I kind of feel bad now for all the times when I've complained about how much he's driving me nuts...because in a few short months he's starting his journey to adulthood. And believe it or not, it all starts with that one September morning, when I'll watch my baby boy climb onto that big yellow school bus...

1 comment:

Lynette said...

GO SETH!!! ps. Crystal, your hair looks cute in that picture.

New Year Day

Today was a fun day. Mike and I sat the kids down and explained our new chore system and any over our expectations of them. It seemed to go...