Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lilac Festival

Friday night we took the kids to the Lilac Festival. It was a beautiful night for it, not too hot, not too chilly. We saw our favorite band play, Uncle Plum. Mike and I have been going to see their shows for 6 or 7 years now. The kids love them too. I have a cd of their original stuff, but mostly they perform covers. Anyway...The lilacs were gorgeous and they smelled so nice. We discovered that there is a Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Highland Park. I guess I didn't know that, but we walked it. It was great because I was able to talk with McKee about war and what our soldiers do. (The embarrassing part was that I don't know much about that war. History is not my strong suit.) We got some great pictures! Enjoy!




Brooke posing with the Lilacs Tyler's cute face

The boys posing with a soldier


Seth, happy as usual!
Our Family


McKee at the canteen
Grandma and Grandpa came too drinking fountain!
















They have purple

port-o-potties! My kind

of place!










New Year Day

Today was a fun day. Mike and I sat the kids down and explained our new chore system and any over our expectations of them. It seemed to go...