Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy Birthday McKee


Wow, McKee I cannot believe that you are 11 years old already. You will be starting middle school in just a couple weeks, it's hard to believe. I still remember sitting in the hospital watching you sleep and being just amazed at the little life that your dad and I created. Wondering what you would be like and what your dreams would be. You've grown into quite the young man. You love to draw, and are very talented, you're so good at inventing things and learning how things work. Last I knew you wanted to be an engineer or a video game creator. I hope you always keep dreaming, you can be whatever you want to be. You are polite and thoughtful. You love your brothers and sister, most of the time. You do have a little temper though and sometimes have a hard time focusing, but when you do focus, you get things done quickly and do a pretty good job too. I love spending time with you just the two of us. You talk alot, and sometimes, too much, but I don't mind. We had a great time this year going to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. You said while we were there that you want to be in the musicals when you are in high school. I hope you follow that dream too. We just finished your soccer season and you did great. For the first time this year you really got into the game. You were focused and held your position, you knew where the ball was and you went after it. You scored your first goal, and that was so exciting for all of us to watch! Your face was priceless, you were so proud and we were so proud of you. As you are getting ready to receive the Priesthood next year I hope that you will continue to soak up the scriptures, to hear and know the stories and the lessons that are being taught. I hope you will understand how great you are and how great you will become. Understand the importance of being trusted with such a huge blessing and responsibility from your Heavenly Father. Know that he loves you and will help you and bless you in everything you do, if you go to him in prayer and faith. These next years are preparing you to be a man and someday a husband and a father, I cannot wait to see what the future holds for you. But, enjoy being a kid for now, playing and dreaming and driving me crazy! I love you McKee, I always will.

P.S. I forgot to mention what an amazing cellist you are. You've only been playing for 3 years and have already earned awards for your talent. I hope you follow through with it, and stick to it. You said one time that you want to be like YoYo Ma...You can definitely do that if you really want to.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

ELEVEN...are you sure???? When did McKee get so old!!! Happy Birthday McKee...you're great!!!

New Year Day

Today was a fun day. Mike and I sat the kids down and explained our new chore system and any over our expectations of them. It seemed to go...