Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Big boy and big tears!




Today is a bitter sweet day for me. Tyler has moved out of his infant car seat. He's 11 1/2 months old. You would think that wouldn't be a big deal. But I'm kind of an idiot I guess, and to me it means some sniffs. The car seat we have is the same one that brought Seth and Brooke and Tyler home from the hospital. Also my friends daughter Julianne (they couldn't get theirs back together after taking it apart to wash it!) My good friend Rachel also has the same car seat we do. A couple weeks ago I was trying to open the matching stroller and the handle snapped into pieces. I didn't realize how strong I was. And now, Tyler has outgrown his carrier. The poor guy has been stuffed into that car seat for weeks with a winter coat on, and I finally decided to give it up! So now my Tyler is a big boy and faces forward in the van. I took some pics of him this morning as we went to the library. He isn't feeling well today, so his eyes are a little droopy, but he loved riding where he could look out the window!

And here is the poor empty baby seat, never to be used again...tears from mommy...

2 comments:

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

It is so sad to see our little babies grow up. How old is your Tyler? He is adorable. Glad to see you enjoying mommyhood so much!

Crystal said...

Tyler is 11 1/2 months now! His birthday is January 5th.

New Year Day

Today was a fun day. Mike and I sat the kids down and explained our new chore system and any over our expectations of them. It seemed to go...