Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Brooke's Got Hooks

Hello everyone, I hacked Crystal's account and gave myself access to post. So, here' goes.

Earlier this year I rebuilt a sewing machine desk (sewing is over-rated) to be a fly tying desk. This allows me to lock up my stuff and keep the desk in the living room. Well, with that much easy access to the desk, I get more time at it. One day earlier this year, probably around March, I left the vise on the desk and went off to do something else. When I came back, I found Brooke tying her first "fly." Notice, there's no hook, she's tied right to the vise.



Shortly after that I started letting the kids use hooks and she loves tying now! All the kids like to tie flies! It makes me proud! I've created monsters!






For more great fishing stuff visit my blogs:
Lucky Drift Fly Fishing
Guys, Flies & Pies

No comments:

New Year Day

Today was a fun day. Mike and I sat the kids down and explained our new chore system and any over our expectations of them. It seemed to go...